Eliseg Pillar, Denbighshire
Eliseg Pillar, a monumental structure in Denbighshire, in the Vale Crucis, 2 miles NNW of Llangollen. It was erected in the 7th century in memory of Eliseg, father of Brochmael, prince of Powis; has four inscriptions, each beginning with a cross, and may itself have been originally cruciform, thus giving name to the valley; was once 12 feet high, but suffered overthrow and mutilation during the Civil War, and was restored in its present form in 1779.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: