UK Genealogy Archives logo

Capel Garmon, Denbighshire

Historical Description

Capel-Garmon, a village and a chapelry in Llanrwst parish, Denbighshire, on the river Conway, 1½ mile SSE of Bettws-y-Coed, under which it has a post office (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Bettws-y-Coed. Population, 793. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £222 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is in good order. There is a Congregational chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: