Brymbo, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Wrexham parish, Denbighshire. The township lies on Offa's Dyke, 3½ miles NW of Wrexham, under which it has a post, money order, and telegraph office. It has a station on the Wrexham, Mold, and Connah's Quay railway, and on a short branch of the G.W.R. from Wrexham. Acreage of the township, 2543; population, 4213; of the ecclesiastical parish, 8345. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1844. Brymbo Hall was designed by Inigo Jones. There are collieries and extensive ironworks. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £220 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Wrexham. The church was erected in 1837. There are Congregational, Calviuistic Methodist, Wesleyan, and Baptist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Wrexham||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: