Broughton, a township in Wrexham parish, Denbighshire, near Offa's Dyke, 1½ mile NW of Wrexham, under which it has a post office; money order and telegraph office, Brymbo. Acreage, 1242; population, 5030. The inhabitants are employed in coal, iron, and lead mines, foundries, and quarries.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Wrexham||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: