Bersham, a township and a chapelry in Wrexham parish, Denbighshire. The township lies on the river Clwydog, near Watt's Dyke, 2 miles W of Wrexham, under which it has a post and money order office, and at which is the telegraph office. Acreage, 1985; population, 5198. There is a paper-mill, and coal works are in the vicinity. The chapelry of Berse-Drelincourt is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £80 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. There is a church at Bersham dedicated to St Mary, and Calvinistic Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Wrexham||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: