Old Penrith, Cumberland
Penrith, Old, a place in Plumpton Wall township, in the S of Cumberland, on Watling Street and the river Petteril, 5 miles N by W of Penrith. It had a Roman station, thought variously to have been Patriana, Voreda, and Bremetenracum; it retains vestiges of a camp of 3 acres; and it has yielded urns, inscriptions, an altar to Mars, and other Roman relics.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.