Dalegarth, an ancient seat on the river Esk, 7 miles ENE of Ravenglass, in Cumberland. It belonged to the Austhwaits from 1345, passed to the Stanleys, and is now a farmhouse. A famous waterfall near it, now called Stanley-Gill Fall, was formerly called Dalegarth Force.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.