Corkickle, a village in Preston-Quarter township, St Bees parish, Cumberland, on the" Whitehaven and Furncss railway, in the southern vicinity of Whitehaven. It has a station on the railway.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Corkickle are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)