Castlesteads or Old Penrith, Cumberland
Castlesteads or Old Penrith, the Roman station Aballaba, on the Wall, near Plumpton railway station in Cumberland. It measures 460 feet by 300, and the remains are considerable; lias yielded altars, inscriptions, coins, and other relics, and gives name to an adjacent mansion, formerly the seat of the Dacres, but now of the Johnsons.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.