UK Genealogy Archives logo

Burdoswald, Cumberland

Historical Description

Burdoswald, a locality in Lanercost parish, Cumberland, on the Roman wall, 4½ miles NE by E of Brampton. The Roman station Amboglana was here, and many Roman inscriptions have been found.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.