Bigrigg, a village situated 2 miles from Egremont, Cumberland, and 1 mile from Woodend station on the West Cumberland and Egremont Joint railway. It has a post office under Carnforth; money order and telegraph office, Cleator. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Bigrigg are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitation of Cumberland, 1615 is available on the Heraldry page.