Allithwaite, an ecclesiastical district (St Mary's), being a portion of the civil district of Lower Allithwaite in Cumberland. The nearest station is at Kent's Bank, on the Furness line. It has a post office under Grange-over-Sands (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Kent's Bank. The church is a modern building in the Gothic style. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle; gross value, £300 with residence, in the gift of the Bishop. There is an endowed school. Population, 631.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Allithwaite are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitation of Cumberland, 1615 is available on the Heraldry page.