Dovenby, a township in Bridekirk parish, Cumberland, 3 miles NW of Cockermouth. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Cockermouth. Acreage, 1764; population, 238. A Congregational chapel was built in 1869.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Cockermouth|
|Ward||Allerdale below Derwent|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
There is a Congregational chapel here, erected in 1840, with 60 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Dovenby from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
Online maps of Dovenby are available from a number of sites: