UK Genealogy Archives logo

Mithian, Cornwall

Historical Description

Mithian, a chapelry in St Agnes, Kea, Kenwyn, and Perranzabuloe parishes, Cornwall, near the coast, 1¼ mile from Chacewater station on the G.W.R. It was constituted in 1846, and its post town is Scorrier. Population of the ecclesiastical district, 1248. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; value, £290 with residence. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1862, is in the Decorated English style, cruciform, with W tower and spire.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyCornwall 
HundredPyder 
Poor Law unionTruro 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Mithian from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Mithian are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.

CountyCornwall
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtTR5
Post TownSt. Agnes