Leagrave, a hamlet in Luton parish, Beds, on the M.R., on which it has a station, 3 miles NW of Luton. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel. Near this hamlet is Leagrave Marsh, the source of the river Lea.
Church of England
Leagrave was in Luton Registration District from 1896 to 1928
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Leagrave are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Leagrave was in Luton Poor Law Union. For further detailed history of the Luton Union see Peter Higginbotham's excellent resource: Luton Poor Law Union and Workhouse.