Ysbytty Ystrad Meurig, Cardiganshire
Ysbytty-Ystrad-Meurig, a parish in Cardiganshire, 6 miles NNE of Tregaron. It contains the village of Ystrad-meurig, which has a post and telegraph office under Aberystwyth; money orderoffice, Tregaron. Acreage, 956; population, 126. A cell to Strata Florida Abbey was here, and was used as a hospitium. A castle also was built here by Gilbert de Clare, was frequently taken and retaken in the Welsh wars, and was demolished in 1207 by Mallgwyn. A hill-fort and a cairn still exist. The living is a chapelry, annexed to Ysbytty Ystwyth.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Tregaron||1837 - 1934|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Ysbytty Ystrad Meurig from 1837 to 1934 you should search for the Tregaron Registration District.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: