Tremain, a parish in Cardiganshire, 4 miles ENE of Cardigan. Post town, Cardigan. Acreage, 1702; population, 210, The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Davids; gross value, £84 with residence. The church is good.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Tremain are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: