Pontrhydfendigaid, a village in the NE of Cardiganshire, on an affluent of the river Teifi, 5¼ miles NNE of Tregaron. It is a fishing station, and has a post office under Ystradmeurig (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Tregaron. The name means the bridge of the blessed ford. The ruins of Strata Florida Abbey are in the vicinity.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Pontrhydfendigaid are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: