Llyn Teifi, Cardiganshire
Llyn Teifi, a lake in Cardiganshire, amid wild mountain scenery, at the head of the river Teifi, 8½ miles NW of Tregaron. It is of considerable size, is fabled to be unfathomable, and has red trout, wild fowl, and other attractions for the sportsman. Seven or eight other but smaller lakes are in its neighbourhood, and three of them give rise to three early affluents of the Teifi.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llyn Teifi are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: