UK Genealogy Archives logo

Glandovey and Glandovey Junction, Cardiganshire

Historical Description

Glandovey and Glandovey Junction, two stations in Cardiganshire, on the Cambrian railway, adjacent to the river Dovey, near the sea, 4 miles SW of Machynlleth. Glandovey Junction is 6 miles E of Aberdovey, and is at the junction of the Aberystwith branch with that to Towyn and Barmouth. There is a post and money order office (R.S.O.); telegraph office, at the railway station.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: