Capel Bangor, Cardiganshire
Capel-Bangor is an ecclesiastical parish formed out of the parish of Llanbadarn-Fawr, Cardiganshire, on the river Rheidol, 5 miks E of Aberystwyth. It has a post and money order office; telegraph office, Aberystwyth. Population, 1525. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £143. Patron, the Vicar of Llanbadarn-Fawr. The church is good. Goginan is a small village in the parish of Capel-Bangor.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Capel Bangor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: