Blaenporth, a parish in Cardiganshire, 6 miles NWof Cardigan. It includes part of the village of Aberporth, which has a post office under Cardigan. Acreage, 3532; population, 689. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £139.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Cardigan|
|Poor Law union||Cardigan|
|Registration district||Cardigan||1837 - 1934|
|Rural Deanery||Sub Aeron|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The registers date from the year 1710.
Church of England
St. David (parish church)
The church of St. David is a building in the Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and a turret containing 2 bells: the east window is stained: the church was repaired in 1864, and affords 150 sittings.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Blaenporth from 1837 to 1934 you should search for the Cardigan Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Blaenporth from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is online.
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cardiganshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Blaenporth are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: