Carleton, a village in the township and ecclesiastical parish of St John Upperby, Cumberland, adjacent to the Newcastle railway, 3 miles SE of Carlisle, which is the nearest railway station.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Carlisle|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Carleton from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cumberland is available to browse.
The Visitation of Cumberland, 1615 is available on the Heraldry page.