UK Genealogy Archives logo

Taliaris, Carmarthenshire

Historical Description

Taliaris, a chapelry in Llandilo-fawr parish, Carmarthenshire, 4½ miles N by E of Llandilo. Post town, Llandilo (R.S.O.) Taliaris House belonged to the Gwynes,and passed to the Peels. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Davids; gross value, £139 with residence. The church is good.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Taliaris are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: