Pendine, a small village and watering-place and a parish in Carmarthenshire, on Carmarthen Bay, 5 miles WSW of Laugharne, and 7 S of Whitland station on the G.W.R There is a post, money order, and telegraph office under St Clears. Acreage of parish, 971 of land and 680 of foreshore; population, 165. The living is a rectory, annexed to the retory of Llandawke, in the diocese of St David's. The church is ancient, and was repaired in 1869 and 1874. In the churchyard are the remains of an old cross. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Narberth||1837 - 1935|
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1935 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: