Pencader, a hamlet in Llanfihangel-ar-Arth parish, Carmarthenshire, 4 miles SE of Llandyssil, and 11¼ N of Carmarthen. It has a station at the junction of the Manchester and Milford railway with the Carmarthen and Cardigan branch of the G.W.R., and a post and money order office (R.S.O.); telegraph office, at the railway station. It has a chapel of ease and a Congregational chapel, and was the place where Rhys-ab-Gruffydd made peace with Henry II.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Pencader are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: