Mydrim, a parish in Carmarthenshire, on the river Gynin, an affluent of the river Taff, 3 miles N by E of St Clears, and 83- W of Carmarthen. It has a post and money order office under St Clears; telegraph office, St Clears. Acreage, 6171; population of the civil parish, 767; of the ecclesiastical, 840. There is a parish council consisting of eleven members. Penrhoel is a chief residence. An ancient camp, called Castell Brynule, is here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £256 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is dedicated to St David. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Mydrim from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: