Myddfai or Mothvey, Carmarthenshire
Myddfai or Mothvey, a parish in Carmarthenshire, 3 miles S of Llandovery, and 3½ W of the boundary with Brecknockshire. It has fairs on 18 June and 5 November, and a post office under Llandovery (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Llandovery. Acreage, 11,767 of land nnd 103 of water; population, 786. The surface is hilly, and the rocks include lead ore. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £99 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is ancient, and contains a monument to Bishop Owen. The churchyard has a sycamore 54 feet in girth and a yew 25 feet. There are Calvinistic Methodist and Congregational chapels.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: