Abernant, a village and a parish in the county of Carmarthen. The village stands near the river Cywyn, 5 miles WNW of Carmarthen. It has a post office under Carmarthen, which is the telegraph office; money order office, Talog. The parish comprises 6458 acres; population of the civil parish, 645; of the ecclesiastical, 2212. The living is a vicarage, united to the vicarage of Convil, in the diocese of St David's; net value, £209, The church is good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Carmarthen||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Abernant from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Carmarthen Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carmarthenshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Abernant are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: