Port Dinorwic, Carnarvonshire
Port Dinorwic, a seaport village in Llanfair-is-Gaer and Bangor parishes, Carnarvonshire, on Menai Strait, 3½ miles NNE of Carnarvon. It has a station on the Bangor, Carnarvon, and Afon Wen branch of the L. & N.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Bangor. There is a small harbour, with safe anchorage for about 120 vessels of 200 tons burden. The produce of the Llanberis slate quarries is brought here by a mineral railway and shipped. There are two churches, and also Baptist, Congregational, Wesleyan, and Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: