Pentir, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Bangor parish, Carnarvonshire, 3 miles SSW of Bangor. There is a post office under Bangor; money order and telegraph office, Ebenezer. The ecclesiastical parish includes the village of Glasinfryn, and was constituted in 1888. Population, 726. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor; gross value, £145. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St Kedor. There are Calvinistic Methodist, Congregational, and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Bangor||1894 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Pentir are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: