Pemnachno, a village and a parish in Carnarvonshire. The village stands on the river Machno, 2 miles above its influx to the Conway, at the boundary with Denbighshire, and 4½ S of Bettws-y-Coed; has beautiful environs, forms a sort of circle round the parish church, is a good station for anglers, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Bettws-y-Coed. The parish comprises 13,131 acres of land and 160 of water; population, 1574. For parish council purposes it is divided into two wards, and has a council of fifteen members. Much of the land is mountainous. Slate is quarried. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £214 with residence. Patron, Lord Penrhyn. The church was rebuilt in 1864 and restored in 1895. There is another church, and also Calvinistic Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: