Nantlle, a village in Llanllyfni parish, Carnarvonshire, on a lake of its own name, at the head of the river Uyfni, in a romantic and magnificent glen, under the western offshoots of Snowdon, 9 miles SSW of Carnarvon. It is the centre of a great quarrying and mining region, and it has a station on the Carnarvon and Afonwen branch of the L. & N.W.R. and a post office under Penygroes (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Talysarn. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Nantlle are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: