Nant Gwrtheyrn, Carnarvonshire
Nant Gwrtheyrn, a romantic hollow in the SW of Carnarvonshire, on the coast, under Yr Eifl, 3 miles NE of Nevni. Vortigern is said to have died here in 465, and his grave is at Bedd Gwrtheyrn.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Nant Gwrtheyrn are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: