Nant Ffrancon, Carnarvonshire
Nant Ffrancon, a grand mountain pass in the E of Carnarvonshire, under Llyn Ogwen Falls, 4½ miles NW of Capel Curig. The name signifies "the vale of the beavers."
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Nant Ffrancon are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: