Moel Siabod, Carnarvonshire
Moel Siabod, a mountain in the E of Carnarvonshire, 2½ miles SSW of Capel Curig, and 6½ E of Snowdon. It rises to an altitude of 2865 feet; has easy gradients up most of the N and the W sides; breaks precipitously down on the E side, overhanging there the tarn of LIyn-y-foel; commands magnificent and extensive views; and forms a very grand feature in reaches of the scenery seen from the E.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Moel Siabod are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: