Llyn Ogwen, Carnarvonshire
Llyn Ogwen, a lake in Carnarvonshire, near the head of the river Ogwen, between Carnedd Davydd and Glyder Fawr, 5 miles S by E of Bethesda. It is nearly a mile long, and it abounds with fine trout. The Ogwen river, immediately on leaving it, traverses a wild gorge called Benglog Pass, and makes a series of falls of aggregately more than 100 feet
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llyn Ogwen are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: