Llyn Llydaw, Carnarvonshire
Llyn Llydaw, a lake in Carnarvonshire, under the E side of Snowdon, 3¼ miles SE of Llanberis. It is about a mile long, has a dark green colour, is overhung by the alpine cliffs of Lliwedd, Cribgoch, and Penwyddfa, and is disfigured by an embankment formed for obtaining access to a copper mine.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llyn Llydaw are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: