Llyn Gwynant, Carnarvonshire
Llyn Gwynant, a lake in Carnarvonshire, under the SE of Snowdon, 4½ miles SE of Llanberis. It is about a mile long, is fed by a stream descending to it through a series of cascades of about 300 feet, is overhung by the precipices of Llynedd, with wooded skirts down to the water's edge, and is shallow and weedy, but abounds with fish.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llyn Gwynant are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: