Llamestyn, a village and a parish in Carnarvonshire. The village stands in the Lleyn Peninsula, under Cam Fadrin, 7¼ miles W by S of Pwllheli, and 6 SSW of Nevin; is a considerable place, and has a post office under Pwllheli; money order and telegraph office, Sara. The parish comprises 4542 acres; population, 909. The manor belonged to Owen Gwynedd. Cam Fadrin has an altitude of 1212 feet, and is crowned by an ancient camp. Lead ore is found. The living is a rectory, united with the perpetual curacy of Llandegwning, in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £316 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church has traces of Norman, and is good. There are Congregational and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: