Dolgarrog, a township in Llanbedr parish, Carnarvonshire, on the river Conway, 3½ miles NW of Llanwst. Acreage, 3603; population, 110. A mountain torrent here, descending from Llyn-CwIyd, makes two grand falls, jointly 180 feet.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Conway||1837 - 1937|
|Registration district||Conway Valley||1937 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Dolgarrog are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: