St Cross, Cheshire
Cross, St, an ecclesiastical parish, in Knutsford parish, Cheshire. It was constituted in 1858, and comprises the township of Over Knutsford and a portion of Nether Knutsford. Post town, Knutsford. Population, 1201. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester; gross value, £14:4: with residence. The church was built in 1881, the former church having been removed. The font is part of an old stone cross.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.