Sandbach Heath, Cheshire
Sandbach Heath, an ecclesiastical parish in Sandbach parish, Cheshire, 1 mile NE of Sandbach. It was constituted in 1861, and its post town is Sandbach. Population, 973. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester; net value, £155. Patron, the Vicar of Sandbach. The church is a beautiful cruciform edifice in the Early English style, erected in 1861 by Sir Gilbert Scott.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Sandbach Heath are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.