Preston Brook, Cheshire
Preston Brook, a village in Preston-on-the Hill township, Runcorn parish, Cheshire, at the junction of the Trent and Mersey Canal with the Bridgwater undertaking of the Manchester Ship Canal, 5½ miles SSW of Warrington. It has a station on the Warrington and Crewe section of the L. & N.W.R., a post, money order, and telegraph office under Warrington, a Wesleyan chapel, and numerous large warehouses for the transhipment of goods.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Preston Brook are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.