Great and Little Stanney, Cheshire
Stanney, Great and Little, two townships in Stoke parish, Cheshire, 7 and 5½ miles N of Chester. Acreage of Great Stanney, 1030, with 24 of adjacent tidal water and 273 of foreshore; the population in 1891 was 89, of whom 15 were engaged in the construction of the Manchester Ship Canal. Acreage of Little Stanney, 831; population, 187. The property of Great Stanney belonged to Stanlow Abbey, and that of Little Stanney belongs now to the Dean and Chapter of Chester.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.