Eaton (Astbury), Cheshire
Eaton, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Astbury parish, Cheshire, on the river Dane, 2 miles NNE of Congleton. Post town, Congleton. Acreage, 1229; population, 357. Eaton Hall, a modern Elizabethan mansion, with a good park, is the seat of the Antrobus family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester; net value, £216 with residence. The church was built in 1857.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Macclesfield|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Eaton (Astbury) from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.