Eaton (Eccleston), Cheshire
Eaton, a township in Eccleston parish, Cheshire, on the river Dee, 4 miles S of Chester. Acreage, 999; population, 239. It contains EATON HALL, the seat of the Duke of Westminster.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Great Boughton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Eaton (Eccleston) from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.