Eaton (Tarporley), Cheshire
Eaton, a village and township in Tarporley parish, Cheshire, 1¼ mile NE of Tarporley, with a post office under Tarporley; money order and telegraph office, Tarporley. Acreage of township, 1344; population, 461. Arderne Hall, the seat of the Earl of Haddington, is in this township.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Nantwich|
|Registration district||Chester||1892 - 1936|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Eaton (Tarporley) from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.