Claughton cum Grange, Cheshire
Claughton-cum-Grange, a township-chapelry in Bidstone and Woodchurch parishes, Cheshire, 1 mile NW, and within the municipal borough of Birkenhead, which is the post town. Population, 5746. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Chester; value, £850. The church is in the Early English style, and was built in 1854. St Mark's Church was erected in 1891.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Wirrall|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Claughton cum Grange from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Claughton, with Grange)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.