Buckley, a large straggling village partly in Mold and partly in Hawarden parish, and an ecclesiastical parish in Flintshire, 2½ miles NW of Hawarden, and 3½ E of Mold, with a station, Buckley Junction, on the Cheshire Lines railway and the Wrexham, Mold, and Connah's Quay railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Chester. Population of the ecclesiastical parish, 2648. It includes the townships of Buckley, Bistre, and Argoed, in Mold parish, and Pentrabbin and Ewloe in Hawarden parish. There are coal-mines in the neighbourhood, and a manufacture of firebricks and tiles is carried on very extensively. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £400 with residence. There are several dissenting chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.